Meeting rooms are available free of charge to community organizations and non-profit groups for meetings that are educational, cultural or civic in nature. The rooms are not available for individual or commercial use. A completed Meeting Room Use Application must be received by the library at least one week prior to the meeting date requested.
Who may use the meeting rooms?
Meeting rooms are available to community organizations and non-profit groups for meetings that are educational, cultural or civic in nature. The rooms are not available for individual or commercial use.
Reservations for meeting room space are on a first-come, first-served basis. A completed Meeting Room Use Application must be received by the library at least one week prior to the meeting date requested.
Reservations will not stand until the completed application is on file and approved by the library.
Reservations may be made no more than 12 months in advance. No group may consider the Library its permanent meeting place or use the Library as its mailing address. The Library has the authority to accept, renew, or reject requests for use of the room under the established policy. To promote the accessibility of the meeting rooms to a wide variety of community groups, the Library may limit the number and frequency of meetings for any particular organization.
The use of the facilities shall be in accordance with the policies and procedures set by the Trustees of the Public Libraries of Saginaw. In allocating the use of meeting rooms, the Trustees of the Library and Library staff shall not discriminate on the basis of the political or religious beliefs of applicant groups, or on any other constitutionally or statutorily-prohibited basis. Permission to use a Library meeting room does not constitute or imply Library endorsement of the aims, policies or activities of any group or organization, or the views expressed in the meeting.
No use of meeting rooms that is likely to disturb Library patrons in their customary use of Library facilities, impede Library staff in the performance of their duties, or endanger the Library buildings or collection will be approved or permitted.
All meetings must be free of charge and open to the public. No admission charge, request for donation or items for sale are approved by the Library. Meeting rooms shall not be used for entrepreneurial or commercial purposes, for the solicitation of business, for profit or for fundraising other than fundraising that supports the Library, unless specifically permitted by the Library Director. No goods or services shall be promoted, sold or exchanged upon the premises or by sample, pictures, or descriptions. Groups using Library meeting rooms must not use advertising and publicity which imply that their programs are sponsored, co-sponsored, endorsed or approved by the Library, unless written permission to do so has been previously given by the Library Director.
All organizations or groups shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Public Libraries of Saginaw, its officers, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, actions of any kind, arising and resulting and accruing from any negligent act, omission or error of the organization or group resulting in or relating to personal injuries or property damage arising from the organization/group’s use of the Library meeting room.
Any false, misleading or incomplete statement on the application form shall be grounds to forbid the use of meeting rooms by the applicant group.
Using Library Meeting Rooms
- Library programs and activities
- Library related groups’ programs and activities
- Local Government programs and activities
- Non-Profit Groups and Community Organizations
- The meeting room is available during library hours. Meetings will vacate the library premises 15 minutes prior to library closing time.
- Reservations must be made by an adult who will be held responsible for any damage incurred to the building or equipment and must be in charge of any children/minors under age 18 attending the meeting.
- Each group is limited to a total of 2 meetings per month, not to exceed 12 meetings per calendar year.
- Meetings may not be scheduled more than 12 months in advance.
- A meeting room form must be turned in and approved for EACH requested use of the room and must be on file before reservations will be confirmed and at least one week prior to requested meeting room use.
- Library and Library-sponsored meetings have priority and the Public Libraries of Saginaw reserves the right to preempt any scheduled meeting. The Library will make every effort to give advance notices of such preemption.
- Hoyt Library Auditorium is limited to the capacity of 70 persons. – TV, Bluray/DVD, Projector, Screen
- Hoyt Library Mezzanine is limited to the capacity of 30 persons. – TV, Bluray/DVD
- Hoyt Library Board Room is limited to the capacity of 10 persons. - None
- Butman-Fish Library Meeting room is limited to the capacity of 80 persons.- TV, Bluray/DVD
- Wickes Library Meeting room is limited to the capacity of 40 persons. - TV, Bluray/DVD, Projector, Screen
- Zauel’s Dr. Kurumety Meeting room is limited to the capacity of 100 persons. – Smart TV, Bluray/DVD
- Controlled substances, alcohol, and smoking are not permitted.
- Materials or equipment owned by any individual or group may not be left or stored at the library. The library will not be responsible for any material left in the library.
- No materials or property shall be moved in or attached that will damage floors, walls, or woodwork.
- Each group is responsible for setting up the room and returning it to its original arrangement. Clean tables, countertops, sink, and floors as needed.
- Groups using the room must report spills or maintenance issues along with the number of attendees to the librarian at the reference desk.
- The staff is not available to deliver telephone messages, unless there is an emergency.
- Library Staff is not available to assist in room set-up. Please be sure that you schedule your room use to accommodate set-up and take-down time.
- Presenters using meeting room equipment are expected to have a basic knowledge of their use. Staff cannot provide in-depth training but will answer basic questions about the limited equipment we provide. Library Staff will not give tech support for any devices not belonging to the library.
Approved 3/20/2003 by Library Board; Revision approved by Library Board 3/1/07; Revision approved by Board 3/4/10; Revision approved by Board 10/6/11; Revision approved 2/7/13; Revision approved 2/2/17