Who are the Friends?
We all know what a friend is. Friends are wonderful, supportive, helpful, and altogether indispensable! The Friends of the Public Libraries of Saginaw are a group of people who care about the library and work to support library services. They are dedicated to promoting the continued growth of our public library and its services throughout our community. Membership funds are used for services and programs that enrich and educate the community and offer a source of enjoyment for all.
What do Friends do?
Members in the FRIENDS of the Public Libraries of Saginaw help to...
- Fund specific requests not covered in the library's budget
- Give significant support to the library’s Summer Reading Program, which impacts babies, children, teens, and adults
- Sponsor special library programs, book sales, and activities throughout the year
- Aid in the development of library services for all residents
What are the benefits of being a Friend?
- Newsletter notification of special library events
- Branch chapters' activities and assistance with special branch projects
- Meeting others in the community with the same passion for books and the library system
- Invitation to Book Sale Previews
- Knowing that your support makes a difference in your community!
Types of Membership Include:
- $15 Individual
- $25 Family
- $10 Senior Citizen (60)
- $25 Organization
- $50 Sustaining
- $100 Contributor
- $250 Patron
- $500 Sponsor
For More Information
Please contact the Public Libraries of Saginaw business office at (989) 755-9833. Contributions to the FRIENDS are tax deductible as the law allows. The annual FRIENDS membership year is July 1 through June 30. Click here to download a Friends of the Public Libraries of Saginaw Membership Form. You can turn in your application to any branch library or mail it to:
505 Janes Ave.
Saginaw, MI 48607