Who are the FRIENDS?
We all know what a friend is. Friends are wonderful, supportive, helpful, and altogether indispensable! The Friends of the Public Libraries of Saginaw are a group of people who care about the library and work to support library services. They are dedicated to promoting the continued growth of our public library and its services throughout our community. Membership funds are used for services and programs that enrich and educate the community and offer a source of enjoyment for all.
What do FRIENDS do?
- FRIENDS provide for specific funding requests not covered by the library’s budget.
- FRIENDS give significant support to the library’s Summer Reading Program
- FRIENDS sponsor special library programs and activities
throughout the year.
- FRIENDS aid in the development of library services
to the public.
- FRIENDS often volunteer their time.
What are the benefits of being a FRIEND?
- FRIENDS are invited to FRIENDS ONLY booksale previews.
- FRIENDS are notified of special library events.
- FRIENDS receive a library newsletter.
- FRIENDS have an opportunity to share an enthusiasm for books and a concern for the library’s welfare.
- FRIENDS know their support makes a difference!
Friends are eligible for membership in one Branch Chapter. You must indicate which library branch you want to become a friend of.
Types of Membership Include:
- $5 Student
- $15 Individual
- $25 Family
- $10 Senior Citizen (60)
- $25 Organization
- $50 Sustaining
- $100 Contributor
- $250 Patron
- $500 Sponsor
For More Information
Please contact the Public Libraries of Saginaw business office at (989) 755-9833. Contributions to the FRIENDS are tax deductible as the law allows. The annual FRIENDS membership year is July 1 through June 30. Click here for the Friends Membership Application.