NEW AMADORE APARTMENTS
Construction completed 1931
Architect: Cowles and Mutscheller, Saginaw, Michigan
Arthur Vollmer, Builder, Saginaw, Michigan
Located convenient to the business district, The Amadore [later renamed The New Amadore], opened five years after the completion of the Jefferson Apartments. With 63 units, period descriptions describe that care has been taken to vary the floor plans between units. When the building opened in 1931, the Saginaw Daily News included a feature section that
remarked on the use of local contractors and materials in its construction. The paper described the building:
“From its imposing stone entrance and its attractive lobby, to its airy rooms, its unexcelled facilities and the commodious garage at the rear, the Amadore is a residence that anyone may well find as attractive. Pleasing to the eye as well as to the other senses, it is a building of dignity as well as of beauty.”
Special Section. Saginaw Daily News 9 October 1931.